Day 8-9 of the Style Cure calls for decisions on paint and and a decor pairing, and Day 10 calls for decision on budget. This one was easy, $0!! Though I would love to go spend $$$ on some new items, I have plenty of things on hand that I want to put to use. I am a huge fan of “making it work” as Tim Gunn would say, and I love taking found or existing items I have on hand and making them work in a different way in a room.
Since I am doing the Style Cure on a $0 budget, so any paint will have to come from my current inventory. I cannot do any painting of walls since I am renting, but I am happy with the ivory walls/white trim in the room. I want it to feel light with color accents throughout. I have a light green desk with antique gold handles, which I have always loved the color of and I would not want to paint it anyway. I have thought long and hard about it, but it is just one of those things I think would be ruined if I tried to paint. I also have a purple velour headboard and matching cushion which my mom and I made a few years ago. These are also staying. They are so comfortable, functional and cute! I don’t want to get stuck in the green and purple look though. These are just a few accent pieces. I want the overall feel to be light and airy and not rely heavily on color. Projects that I want to complete:
- Painting my divider screen white with gold accents, I will be keeping the white sheer fabric. (I actually completed this today!! I love it and can’t wait to see it with the rest of the room completed!)
- Hanging curtains. I am leaning towards some black sheers that I have. A lot of my inspiration photos showed white, but I don’t have any white fabric on hand. I also think the black will look nice on the painted brass curtain rod & rings that I have.
- Hang photos of family & friends/make wall art/gallery wall. I have been in my apartment for almost a year and still have no pictures up! This is the perfect space to do so and I have a great mix of frames I have collected from various stores and thrift shops.
- Paint and hang red shelves. I bought these at a thrift shop probably 5 years ago and STILL have yet to do anything with them! I am thinking something like this…
- Make a gold polka dot vase. Saw this on Pinterest and I want! I also want to incorporate this vignette into this room, and I think the polka dot vase will coordinate nicely with it.
- Choose accent pillows. I’ve had a few bouncing back and forth from bedroom to living room, and would like to have some “set” ones, because I love coming home at the end of the day to a nicely made bed 🙂
- Create a workable office “nook”.
- Come up with different floor plan.
Lots to accomplish, but I am confident I will make it happen! Meanwhile the rest of my apartment is in a little dis-array as I have been moving furniture and accessories in and out, but it will be worth it once the room is completed 🙂 Here are some lovely inspiration photos I have collected, and view my full Style Cure Pinterest Board.
Almost there! Thanks for following!